I scream! You scream! We all scream for hot fudge sundaes!
I will go so far as to say this is my favorite hot fudge sauce recipe ever. Well, one made with butter miiiight win, but this is a pretty darn close 1st runner up. We’ve been making that butter filled one for years in my family. In fact, when portioned into canning jars with pretty holiday ribbon, it’s our go to Christmas gift for our family friends. Who doesn’t want more sugar and fat at the holidays? Oh. You don’t? Whatever… it’s once a year. Unless you decide to make this on a random Saturday in April, like I did. Then your husband will love you even more. Doesn’t matter where that extra sugar and butter may have been hibernating since last December. I digress…
Make this. It’s life changing. Plus, it’s ridiculously easy and fast to make. The only thing better than a hot fudge sundae is a vegan gluten free BROWNIE hot fudge sundae. Recipe for those coming soon!
Makes 1 pint.
- 1/2 lb confectioner’s sugar
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate (Hershey’s is NOT made on equipment shared with milk)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter such as Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or vegan milk of choice
- Place all ingredients in medium microwave safe bowl in order. Microwave on high until butter melts, about 2-4 minutes depending on your microwave. Keep an eye on it because you don’t want your milk to boil. Whisk until smooth and glossy. That’s it!
- Pour into microwave safe container, such as a pint glass canning jar, so you can stick it in the microwave later to warm it. Store in refrigerator. Keeps for several weeks.
- This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.